Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Memory

For fun--
Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

10 comments:

Jean said...

Oooh, fun game!!

Memory of Jonathan: When he drove ALLLLL the way up to the SLC airport to pick up Tim and me at the last minute!! I can't remember why it was last minute, and I seriously apologize, but it was sooooo nice of him to do that for us. Oh, and he drove to DI one time to help us transport a bunch of furniture back to our apartment. He also did like a hundred other nice things for us. Wow, Jonathan is a REALLY nice guy!! (Thanks again!)

Memory of Christina: When we all used to gather in your apartment at Wymount for RS presidency meetings, and all the children would be running around like crazy, and you still let us have meetings there. You were even calm and collected. ...How the heck do you do it?? Haha! Fun times. :-)

Kristine said...

One of my favorite memories of you is making beanbags shortly before I moved. I still have those beanbags to this day. (In fact, my 3 year old found one in the church bag on Sunday and was having fun tossing it around. I finally had to take it away because it was just too distracting.)

I have great memories of serving in the Primary presidency with you and Melanie.

The Lemmon's said...

One of my favorites memories involves your engagement. I remember we were all gathered at Grandpa and Grandma's house for something, I don't even remember what. But I remember Jonathon standing up and quoting the scripture to be anxiously engaged in a good cause. We were so excited for you both!!

Rachel said...

...mud monsters in our backyard in Plainview. We soaked the dirt under the peach tree and you covered yourself from head to toe in mud then chased us around the backyard.

Ryan and Lori said...

Mud monsters, "fishing", frog pond, "gobalalademon", sparkin' hair brushing off the top bunk, filling the dresser drawers with poppers, setting up the army tent in the backyard, digging 'tunnels', building forts, swinging, racing on our bikes, cooling off with water through the swing set, slip n' slide to the Beach Boys with cousins, eating peaches and getting sticky, creating 'potions' (oh, that made me sick!), listening to after date reports ;o)....are some of the first that come to mind!

Ky & Barb said...

When I think of Christina I think of calm, wise and caring. I have enjoyed having you stay at our house and watching you and Jonathan "parenting". You work as a team so well. One would visit a while and then go watch kids so the other one could visit. Very impressive. I don't remember any scolding, just calm quiet correcting. Does this mean I expect you are always perfect? No, but you're pretty darn close! smile

Karolienkie said...

The Hale Family memory I like the best is sitting behind you guys in church on Sunday! Sure fun to watch you with the boys - so calm!!!

Second forsure is all the fun times visiting teaching at your house, and the boys playing together!!

I have told you before (I think - if I didn't I do now!) If I would choose anyone to come across the plains with - it would be you! I admire your calmness, pioneer spirit!! Strong and making things work!!

I love the fact that we can be in contact again!! Talk soon!

Dacia said...

Okay, so it was like 14 years ago or so when we were roommates in college. I remember when we would have meals together as an apartment. One time when you cooked, you made a meal with homemade noodles and I was so impressed. I'm still impressed, that's something I've never done!

I always remember how kind of a person you were. It's been like forever since we've been in contact, but it looks like from the other comments, that you still are so sweet!

Beautiful family by the way!

Abbie said...

You are the most patient mother I've ever seen. I remember watching you with your boys and thinking "wow, I really hope I can be like that with my sons." You are amazing!

Millie Motts said...

Maybe it's because I've been dying to run through a sprinkler, but I was thinking the other day about dancing around in our swimsuits in your backyard while we lip synched to the Beach Boys and...the Jets?
Good times!!