Sunday, November 23, 2008

Guest Author: Doon

Friends and family,

On Wednesday Nov. 19, 2008 I had my D.A.R.E. graduation which I've been waiting for for weeks. Actually days but weeks sounded better. It was the celebration for graduating from D.A.R.E. which is a program by kids for kids, and Mom and Nancy attended and had lots of fun listening to me and the other D.A.R.E. graduates sing two songs which were "I Will D.A.R.E." and "Loose-Neck". My favorite is "I Will D.A.R.E.". There was a essay that we had to write to be able to attend the graduation that is also a contest, but I wasn't one of the nine winners. Well here are some pictures that mom took.



I'm the boy that's fiddling with my watch in the bottom row.


Look for me holding the 'E'.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Excellent post, Doon!! Way to go with graduating DARE!! That's great! You're doing a fantastic job with that "E", too, I can see. :-)

I graduated DARE when I was in fifth grade, and even though I'm 27 years old now, I still wear my DARE t-shirt!

The Lemmon's said...

Congratulations! You are quite a handsome kid! I remember participating in the D.A.R.E. program when I was in school. I'm glad you are having fun. Love, Jeni

Ryan and Lori said...

Congrats on your graduation Doon!