Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We're back!

We are online again, and I'm excited to have access to 'things' again. I've had fun this afternoon getting a glimpse into what some of what has been happening while I've been 'gone'.

The summer sailed by me much more quickly than I expected. As a family, we travelled to Arizona to celebrate the wedding of my oldest brother. It was delightful to spend time (limited though it was) with family and friends while we were there, and have wished that it worked out to spend more time with them. We'll look forward to the next time.

Since then, we have sent J. on his first campout with the 11 year old scouts. He came back with plenty of bug bites, but seemed to have lots of fun in spite of them, and is looking forward to another trip whenever that comes.

Each of the boys were eagerly awaiting the start of school when it (finally) arrived last week, and have enjoyed getting back into their school schedules and getting to know their teachers and (new and previous) friends. I have enjoyed it as well. :-)

I spend some time last week making a quilt for L.'s bed, and finally finished it up this morning. She's been pretty excited about it, and while her friend was here today, they had fun playing in the tent it made over the back of a couple of chairs. It was sure fun to watch the two of them play together.

I know there's been lots more happen since the beginning of the summer, but I'll leave it there for now with one quote from my daughter, said during church Sunday: "I don't want to die. I want to go to heaven."

4 comments:

Ryan and Lori said...

Welcome back!! It's sure nice to read your updates!

The Lemmon's said...

Glad to hear from you again! Hope this school year is great for all your kids.

Grandma Beth said...

I've missed you. It's fun to read about you and your family. Guess what. I found another pair of glasses. This time they really look like they belong to Jonathan. They were in the bottom rag drawer in the kitchen.

Deak, Emily and Kaed said...

ahhhhh!! christina I'm very excited for you! I couldn't believe it when dad told me the news! congratulations, we love yoU!