
The middle school does something we have enjoyed. The teachers from each team for each grade (there are 3 teams for each of the 3 grades) choose a couple of students each month to recognize. The principal explained that this isn't an academic award, but one to recognize the students who try hard to do their work well, work with people well, and follow school rules. These students are able to have their parents come and enjoy a lunch at the school with them as part of the recognition. I enjoyed watching how well this recognized student interacted with the youngest two that came with us (with no embarassment even considered it seemed!) and they sure make a great picture together here!


The elementary schools have what they call the Battle of the Books where students read 2 books thoroughly and prepare to answer questions from any part of those 2 books. Each school has their team comprised of about 5 students. The team then is prepared to answer questions on 10 books. They go through a series of matches and at the end of the morning, the team with the most points from correct answers wins the 'battle'. Here is our 'warrior' of the year. He enjoyed being able to go with his team to represent his school and have fun with the battle.

And this is the 'cake' I came up with for his birthday. In discussing what he wanted, he mentioned that he wanted a lemon meringue pie. Then added that he wanted it to be a Rubik's cube version. Just how to accomplish this idea was quite a puzzle. I settled for making Rubik's cube lemon bars instead. I enjoyed what it looked like. I think he did too.

We have a fun store here in town that 're-sells' items, usually things that become available due to remodelling, but one day, we found some headphones that fit the jacks on our piano. Shortly afterwards, this is what I found when I walked in to see what the kids were doing. Made me smile.
3 comments:
Wow you stay busy I am sure with your little ones! Looks like they are enjoying themselves and making their parents proud!
A family jam session...sounds like fun! Can we have one of those in July? Congrats to each of them on their achievements! Love the update and pictures. So good to SEE you. We love you!
Thanks for posting! Congratulations on all of the achievements--including a rubik's cube birthday celebration! We surely love all of you!
Post a Comment