Monday, September 8, 2008

Quotes

I found these quotes and really enjoyed the messages. I put them here so I have them to refer back to more often. If you enjoy them too, all the better!

Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven. -Henry Ward Beecher

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. -James Matthew Barrie

We are all called upon to do great things with love. -Mother Theresa

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my cheif duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. -Helen Keller

No one knows what a boy is worth, and the world must wait and see; for every man in an honored place, is a boy that used to be. -Phillips Brooks

Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. -Marcel Proust

"It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself." ~Joyce Maynard

2 comments:

Jean said...

Great quotes!! I really like the Phillips Brooks quote, now that I have a little boy. :-)

DixieJo said...

Hey - I know these! Thank you - I am touched.