Sunday, April 1, 2012

Next post

I've been thinking about writing a new post and (finally) getting an update done, but each time I sit down at the computer, I seem to work on other things and then hurry off to the next offline activities. That or get sidetracked on less meaningful ones. Then, last week, the computer had one of those 'blue screen of death' moments followed the refusal to boot up. Thoughts of what was potentially lost and how much I couldn't do wandered my mind. Fortunately, this week, the computer decided it can finish booting up, and I have taken the opportunity to make sure to back up pictures and other files. Now it is time to catch up here, somewhat.

Not really sure what to post, I looked at my last entry. This conference weekend, I find it fitting (or amusing) that my last post was about why I love Conference--back in November. This conference weekend too has been good, although in some ways a bit tougher, or maybe just busier. Hyrum was a reporter in the school play, Charlotte's Web, on Friday.
He, Joseph, and Jonathan left for the scout campout shortly after it was over, and I next saw them at the baptism held before the first session of Conference started. Now, we've been able to enjoy each of the sessions of Conference as well as two 'picnics' we had in the cultural hall at the church and some weekend family time together that I am so grateful to get. I am grateful for the peace and uplifting that I've received from the sessions of conference. The talks were wonderful. Due to short attention spans particularly from a 2 year old (or at least that's a convenient excuse for his mother), I will definitely want to review the talks again soon, but felt like there were many answers there for me and my family in the words spoken and in the messages carried by the Spirit.

This evening, we had a visit from a neighbor that has left me even more grateful for this time together. Last July, her husband was in the hospital for some care and waiting to be able to return home when he had a heart attack. His health has not been good since, and tonight she shared that the doctors are giving him a year to live. He has been in and out of the hospital since then, and this will definitely not be an easy time for them as they make the necessary adjustments to their life and preparations for his passing, including changing their living arrangements. We will miss having them as neighbors when they leave. Their friendship has been a strength to me since we moved here.

This year holds some changes for our family too, and although they will bring some challenges, they are ones I look forward to. I am excited for my brother who will be getting married this summer, and hope there won't be any reason for my doctor to say there is too much of a risk for me to travel at that stage in my pregnancy. Joseph will start high school and early-morning seminary this fall. I hope to get more blog entries done in the next year, but we'll see. At least I've broken the emptiness. Perhaps that will make the next one easier. Perhaps. :)


3 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Joseph is going to be in high school! That is so crazy! Early morning seminary will be a new learning experience for sure! Good luck with your pregnancy and keeping up with all that you have. I am at the end of mine and can only imagine how it will be with each added child!

Grandma Beth said...

It is hard to realize that Joseph will be in high school--where does all the time go? Enjoy early morning seminary--I feel connections to that program.

Thanks for sharing. Love you all lots!

Grandma Beth said...

Tell Hyrum congratulations of his play! I would have loved to see it.