Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not yet :)

Things are going pretty well. I've gotten the stove clean, the shower clean, boxes packed, made it to a scout camp meeting, and organized a variety of things this week. It's been feeling good to get things done. This morning, I was thinking about how grateful I was today for all that I've been able to get done and how good I've felt. Except for a few minor things like sore feet, I've felt like I wouldn't mind waiting another week--then I could get moved and somewhat organized first. And I could enjoy feeling the baby move inside for a while longer (I've really enjoyed that).
Then I went to my doctor's appointment and had an ultrasound to see how big the baby was measuring there and make sure he's doing well. He is doing well, but the estimate the ultrasound gave on size was a little daunting (close to 10 lbs.). I was relieved that the doctor felt that's probably an overestimate, but feel more anxious to be done.
Since we have passed the date of everyone's guesses, anyone who wishes can give a revised guess. The date will be between today and Tuesday the 26th when I'm scheduled for an induction. The doctor is estimating he's a solid 9 pounder already. I'm thinking he's going to give my previous biggest (9lb 6oz) a run for her money.
So, if you are one of those who enjoys these guessing games, feel free to add a guess (or a new guess). We'll have fun seeing who gets closest once we have the results in.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Okay, I'll make a new guess!! I'll say Monday the 25th at 3:13 PM. 9 lbs 7 oz!! :-)

hilary w said...

Wow...you have an amazing attitude about being overdue! I wish that was how I felt during the last few weeks. You are right, though, it is great to get everything done before the baby arrives!

I will guess he'll arrive Sunday, Jan 24th and be 9 lbs 8 oz. Good luck!

The Lemmon's said...

I guess Sunday too, and 9 lbs. 12 oz. Good luck with everything!! I'm excited to hear all about the baby, please post pictures when you can!

Ryan and Lori said...

All that done even working over a pregnant tummy...I'm impressed! I'll hope he comes after mom gets there and Sunday or Monday sounds like a nice time. :o)

Becky said...

Can't wait for pictures! I'm glad you seem to be feeling so well, too.