(This blog was started a while back. I'm finally finishing it up.)
As I lay in bed last night, and as I thought about it again this morning, this past week makes for an interesting story: Close on house and pick up mom on Friday, move on Saturday, church on Sunday, clean on Monday, baby on Tuesday, recuperate on Wednesday, enjoy mom on Thursday, say good-bye to her on Friday, and snow day on Saturday.
We are excited to be in our house. We had a wonderful crew help us move, and a couple of them stayed and helped set up beds so that by early afternoon, the bedrooms were good to go. My mom and I were able to get a good amount of kitchen organizing done too, so the important stuff was all ready by bedtime. Hooray!
Monday, she and I headed back to the apartment to work on cleaning out the things that didn't make it out with the move because I hadn't been able to get them into boxes beforehand. It was a very cold day, so we got as much into the car, and took them to the house where we unloaded from the garage. The rest of the day, we worked on organizing the house and getting things taken care of in that direction. Jonathan picked up what was left after work, we enjoyed dinner, and had Family Home Evening before working on getting children into bed.
About the time they got to bed, I was pretty certain I wasn't going to make it to my induction appointment the next morning at 7:30 a.m. We were at the hospital soon after, and things were moving quickly by that point. However, this experience was to be different than the others. At near midnight, we realized that he wasn't going to be turned from the position he was in ("sunny side up"), and he was stuck, so we redirected efforts, and at 12:36 a.m., he was born c-section at 9 pounds 7 ounces, 21 3/4 inches, and a chest bigger than his head.
I've felt lots of emotions and struggled with some disappointment that things didn't go the way I would have liked them to, but have also been blessed with a peace about it too. Looking back on some experiences I had while preparing for the birth, I think Heavenly Father gave me a few hints that things might not go the way I wanted, making it easier to work with what did happen. He also gave me a very positive support team--Jonathan did awesome working with me and continuing to coach me and cheer me on, regardless of which direction we were travelling. The doctors and nurses also were very positive and encouraging, continuing through my recovery as well.
One of my biggest blessings so far during recovery is my wonderful husband. He's been quite the hard worker trying to finish up all the cleaning on the apartment, getting things in order at the house (including rekeying locks, fixing the small plumbing leaks, making sure utilities are set up properly, etc.), housekeeping, parenting, organizing, running errands, going shopping for 'new house' things, etc., etc. He has been so good to encourage me in my recovery--working through the long lists to get the most important things done each day and assuring me that the rest can wait while I get better.
I've also been blessed to have my mom visit--when she returned to her home, I had very delicious & nutritious homemade bread in my freezer to look forward to, cookies on the counters for the kids when they got home from school, an added measure of peace in my home and an assortments of new memories for me and my family to enjoy until the next fun grandma visit.
Since then I've also been blessed by good friends who have brought in meals, cared for children, and given their encouragement in a variety of other ways.
10 comments:
Congratulations! I'm glad the little guy arrived safely, even though not the way planned. Hope you recover quickly! Take it as easy as you can!
Congratulations! Busy time! Hope things are going well and that your recovery goes well!
Congrats on all things happening right now! I can't believe you did all that being soooo pregnant and then all you did after! I admire you! We hope you are all healthy and happy.
CONGRATS!!! He's adorable!!! I'm glad everything turned out well, even if it was a litty crazy and unexpected. :-) Yay for your mom visiting!! Wow, you've been very busy!!
I'm so glad he arrived! What did you name him? I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you hoped for. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job trusting in the Lord! I'm so glad you are all moved and can (hopefully) settle in and enjoy your new baby!
Your yard is gorgeous, by the way!
Rest! We pray you all get some extra rest in the moments here and there. You have a beautiful and wonderful family...bless Jonathan and Mom! We're so grateful you've had such wonderful help and that he's here safely! Hope your recovery continues well! We love you!
I miss you! I hope you can ignore all the boxes we didn't get to. Love you lots!
"Okay...so is there a lake behind your house? What kind of fish swim there?" :o> ...Ask the fishermen at our house.
For those fishermen, the 'lake' behind our house at times has 'student-driver fish' 'swimming' in it. The driver's ed lot isn't real busy most of the time, and it's fun that in the pictures it ends up looking like a lake.
Congrats on your newest addition! I love seeing the pics of your beautiful location!
Love,
Anna
Post a Comment